Monday, June 22, 2009

back in the saddle again...

I've been totally delinquent in the past few weeks...there's just been so much stuff, I can't handle it.

Since we last visited, I...

... went to New York for a few days with my boyfriend. I missed Robert Pattinson walking in Bryant Park by several hours. FML. Probably for the best, as I didn't need to get arrested for assault before I started residency. I don't think they look kindly on that sort of thing.

...went home to Orange County and had a big graduation party (Swear it was larger than a lot of weddings I've attended).

...got an eponymously named twitter account (infamyous, follow me).

...went to Japan and Taipei. Bought a lot of Hello Kitty stuff. Took 1000 pictures. No joke, my Asian roots finally surfaced during this trip.

...went back home to Orange County and got a new Louis Vuitton purse! Oh and celebrated Father's Day.

...got the new 3Gs iphone. I don't think I've ever loved until now.

...came back to Kansas City and am currently sitting in the corner, silently consoling myself while the tears rapidly fall out of my eyes.

Just kidding, that's a little dramatic. The tears are more easing their way out of the lacrimal glands. Each one of those events noted above deserves its own blog post, and I'll get to it, someday. Tomorrow, I start Residency orientations. I get the dreaded pager, but I also get my coat and keys, etc. I start on Neurosurgery, someone up there either really loves me or really hates me, I'm not sure yet. I'll find out during my first call, which is conveniently on July 4th. If you live in or around Kansas City, I beg you, do not play with fireworks or firearms because if you accidentally maim yourself in or around your head, I'll be the one taking care of you. The odds are already not in your favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment