Saturday, May 9, 2009

Keep fishin'

My boyfriend went fishing today, so I got a chance to catch up on internet gossip, movies he won't watch, and books he won't read.

So this is the best coupling since Saylor (Selena and Taylor, get with the times): Cobra Starship and Gossip Girl's Leighton Meester on a song together called (I make) Good Girls Go Bad.



Cobra Starship
is this pop punk outfit fronted by former Midtown lead singer Gabe Saporta that all the coolest kids love. All the kids including me! Their debut cd Viva La Cobra! was infused with a lot of tongue in cheek hits for the masses including Smile for the Paparazzi (as heard on the Hills), The City is at War (as heard as the theme of Top Chef: New York), Guilty Pleasure (as heard on every other MTV show) and my personal fav on the album, One Day Robots Will Cry. All of the songs are catchy, electronic infused pieces of pop magic and I love them.

Leighton Meester is Blair Waldorf on Gossip Girl. BLAIR CORNELIA FREAKING WALDORF. For those of you who don't know, instead of reading medical texts, I like to read books geared toward 14 year old girls (i.e. Twilight, Speak, If I Stay). I have loved the Gossip Girl, It Girl, and The Carlyles series from Cecily von Ziegesar since I was in high school. I own every single book of the GG series, actually. These books are salacious, scandalous, and I can read them in about 2 hours, which is about how much free time I have per month. I sometimes like teen books better because books geared towards adult women have the kind of super annoying characters that remind me of the people who are around me on a daily basis. Teen books I can relate to, since it's already happened...it's like nostalgia just without the gratuitous drugs, drinking and sex.

Anyway, Leighton plays Miss Waldorf superbly on the CW series. Two of her other co-stars, Ed Westwick and Taylor Momsen are in bands also, Filthy Youth and Pretty Reckless, respectively. I think with this pairing, Leighton will be the most successful music-wise since she's hit the mainstream with a band that has a rabid fanbase. Her voice is pretty awesome, too. She was recently seen at the Star Trek premiere.

-Speaking of, saw Star Trek yesterday. Umm, awesome. I heart John Cho aka Sulu. In fact, I'm watching his episode of HIMYM right now.

-Speaking of HIMYM, Rachelle LeFevre was on the Moving Day episode which I also watched today. She plays Victoria in Twilight, her hair looks amazing in New Moon. See?

-Speaking of Twilight...since only like one person reads this blog, I'm throwing this in for her and me, because it's real life Edward and Bella! As much as this would be awesome if it were true (squealed in true fangirl style), I'm sure he was just giving her CPR or like looking for a lost contact...with his tongue...in her mouth. I'm seriously surprised it took her this long...have you seen him? I'd have hit that in like the first hour.

-Speaking of Kristen Stewart, I'm going to watch her movie Cake Eaters this weekend. It's about a girl who has Friedrich's Ataxia. She was also in a movie called Speak, and I finished the book it was based on this morning. See people, I can go all night with these segues but I won't because the Angels are playing the Royals soon. Gotta go watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment