Friday, May 15, 2009

Recipe of the Week

Since it is so un-summer-like here: thunder, torrential rains, me getting soaked to the bone, I thought the recipe of the week should reflect the upcoming season, and the anticipation I have for it. And nothing says summer more than potato salad...but with a twist.

Deviled Egg Potato Salad

2 lbs potatoes, cubed into 1/2-1 inch pieces
salt
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/3 c dijonnaise
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c red onion, chopped
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 c chopped celery

In a large saucepan, fill with water and bring to boil. Add the potatoes and some salt to season. It should take about 15-20 minutes to soften the potatoes, check tenderness with a fork (should be firm but not crunchy still).

In a large bowl, combine mayo, dijonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt. Add potatoes, celery, red onion. Mix well. Add egg, and fold into the mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Voila, you have awesome potato salad. But don't leave it out too long, that just breeds S. aureus...especially when I make it. Yum.

I HAVE ONE WEEK OF SCHOOL LEFT BEFORE I BECOME A DOCTOR.

Sorry, I just had to say it. I cannot wait. There has been too much drama and all about fuckery that this school has imparted in the past few months that I'm so ready to leave it all behind. The administrators have no idea how to run a successful program and actually celebrate their graduates. Instead, they beat us down and make us hate them even more with their idiotic rules and mandates. T-minus five days and counting. I'm not ready to be a doctor, but I'm ready to be done.

But, how fucked up is it that I'm gonna be a doctor? Don't actually answer that unless you have a death wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment